What’s on YOUR To-Do List?
- October 12, 2020
- No Comments
It’s difficult to be proactive in these strange and trying times. I find that to-do lists help keep me focused. At the same time, it’s easy to write such a long list of chores that nothing gets done and then it’s time for bed.
I don’t put things on my list that are automatically done (like feed my sweet cat, Frankie), but it’s fine to write those down if it helps you focus. It can also be satisfying to check something off the list with little effort. Here are my guidelines:
- Write down one or two things you need to do.
- Write down one or two things you want to do that you’ll enjoy.
- Write down one thing that you’ll do during the next week.
Lately, mine has looked something like this:
- Study language for one hour (can be three 20-minute sessions).
- Find a recipe to try and buy the ingredients.
- Meditate or exercise for 15 minutes.
Notice that writing isn’t on my list? It will be, but I’m not going to push myself right now.
So, what’s on your to-do list?